Friday, April 20, 2012

Feeding You Food...

I feel that I must tell you...I have not always been the domestic goddess that you read before you today. Nope, I know, I know...it's hard to believe. As the queen of crock-potting and all around domesticity, I should tell you-it has not been an easy road. Many burnt pans, shrunken clothes and tears have littered the way. Once upon a time it was only being served if it came pre-prepared from a bag, box, or can. Grilled cheese were made from toast, a slice of cheese and the microwave, and bacon was cooked naked. Lessons all learned. I make a bangin' grilled cheese & keep myself clothed while frying bacon- nothing like some hot grease on the nips to snap you out of a bad habit! I will how ever, bust out some Hamburger Helper...no one is above consuming it's fatty goodness. I have also become accustomed to the trickery of blaming his shrunken shirts on weight gain, due to all the excellent meals served to him (whatever takes the focus off my lack of laundering incapability's). So, if you can't cook, there is hope for you. I couldn't cook shit when Girth and I got hitched. Luckily for me, that man can survive on Ramen noodles and lettuce. Of all the dishes I can make, soups, pot roasts, chicken & biscuits, I am most proud of my grilled cheese. It reminds me, deep in my soul, who I am and how far I have come. 
Dreams do come true.
Perfection. Please don't let the
jealousy consume you.
It makes you ugly.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/20/2012

    Is there something else in between those perfected pieces of toast? Never saw cheese that color before, but hey...I like to eat, but hate to cook. What do I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm...that is ham, becaus ethat is a straight up toasted ham & cheese in the frying pan...no more toaster cheese for this family!

      Delete
  2. lmao i heard about the toaster thing when u were younger...not knowing how to work it lol.....it ok im getting better too at cooking..if theres no instructions i panic but im getting better...i do make a mean venison stew tho and beef too in the crock pot..damiens the cook im the cleaner lmao....love reading your blogs! A++

    ReplyDelete

Say something!