Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Mixed tapes.

Kissing on the roof of a water pump house at night time.

Playing putt-putt golf in the pouring rain on a date.

Mixed tapes and handwritten love letters.

Make-out sessions that left my lips red & swollen.

Getting serenaded at 15, by a boy who could drive. He sang this to me;


Sneaking out to meet in the woods.

Unbridled passion, because nothing had happened yet that made us want to hold back.

"I will love you always and forever no matter who you chase"...written to me in a love letter, made me cry and listen to Boyz II Men songs for days.

My best friends knew everything, we told each other in detail about it all. We cried all over each other for every breakup, and re-lived it every time someone new heard about it. Nothing ripped your heart out faster than seeing the boy you love holding hands in the hall with another girl at school. We got dolled up to slow dance in the cafeteria for school dances, and wore tight jeans to football games. We skipped class to sit under the stairwell and gossip about everyone we knew.


I hope that in 10 more years I will remember all of this well enough to handle a teenage boy. While my perspective will be undoubtedly different than his, he's going to break some hearts. I just want him to break them with compassion and class. And I hope I remember enough of those feelings to get him through "the end of the world" when his heart been broken too.   








 

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/08/2013

    Very well put!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choked me up a little <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1/08/2013

    Just remember to tell him when his heart is broken everything happens for a reason and that intense feeling of affection does return, it just takes time. Two kids with two broken hearts and now both their lives are blessed with more than they could ever ask for..:)

    Love Mrs. Bonnie.
    PS: I figured after the model writing I should sign with an inspirational signature.. lmao..



    ReplyDelete

Say something!